Already purchased Artsy Dori? See login note at bottom of this page.
Are you ready to get your days planned out with a flexible and unique fauxdori notebook? Do you just need a way to organize your thoughts, doodles, or sketches? Are you looking for a fun and creative way to contain your written journals or art journals? Do you want to make a unique gift for the holidays? Or do you just need an excuse to make time to be creative? Then Artsy Dori™ is for you. In this self-paced mixed media class you will have a blast making a creative and unique midori style traveler’s notebook Junque Art style. Still not sure? Don’t worry I will be walking you step by step through each lesson. Want to see more? Watch the video to the right and keep reading below.
$34 USD WITH LIFETIME ACCESS. REGISTRATION IS OPEN. THIS IS A SELF PACED WORKSHOP.
Here's What You Can Expect
27 videos! Each lesson has a narrated step by step HD video walking you though the process to create your own fun Artsy Dori™. Video lessons include tips and tricks for inspiration, techniques, products, and more.
Step by step video lessons
Each lesson is broken down into bite size video lessons making it easy to find time to do each step. All videos are under 15 minutes.
BITE SIZE LESSONS
A downloadable and printable general supply list is provided in the class. I encourage you to watch the lessons first and try to use what you have on hand before going out and buying new things. But if you can treat yourself to a new art supply go have fun shopping!
WHAT Students ARE SAYING
What you will learn
Lesson 1: Where to find cover inspiration ideas and how to paint a unique piece of fabric using mixed media products and fun techniques.
Lesson 2: How to choose coordinating fabrics and embellishments to make your cover unique.
Lesson 3: How to layout and attach fun embellishments to your cover to continue to add layers and a unique look.
Lesson 4: How to add even more unique details to your cover.
Lesson 5: How to add a pocket and pen loop to your cover.
Lesson 6: How to assemble your layers to create the cover. (No sew options are discussed.)
Lesson 7: How to add elastic bands to hold your notebooks.
Lesson 8: How to insert your notebooks and add a book closure.
sharing my passion
Come join the fun! ($34 USD)
- What supplies are required? - Supplies are discussed in the classroom and I encourage you to review the lessons before purchasing supplies. I also encourage you to use what you have on hand. But here is a GENERAL SUPPLY GUIDE I have put together so you can have an idea of what is needed before class.
- What size is the Artsy Dori™ book? - The cover we make in class fits notebooks that are 5″ wide x 8 1/4″ tall. This size notebook can be easily purchased in stores and online. The size of the cover could easily be adjusted for smaller or larger notebooks.
- Is a sewing machine required? - I will be using a sewing machine in class but it is not required. I talk about hand sewing and no sew options in the lessons where a sewing machine is used.
- Do you teach how to use a sewing machine? - I’m sorry, how to use your sewing machine is not a part of this class. If you want to use a sewing machine you need to have basic knowledge on how to operate your machine. Don’t worry the sewing part is a beginner level so if you know how to sew a straight stitch with your machine you will be just fine.
- When will I have access to the class? - You will have access to the classroom as soon as you sign up. The class is self-paced.
- How long will I have access to the class? - You will have access to the classroom for the lifetime of the class. Should the classroom close for any reason you will be given plenty of notice before it closes. (* See note at bottom of page)
- Can I download the videos? - Videos are not available for download, but you will have lifetime access and can watch videos in the classroom anytime. They are also mobile friendly so you can watch on a tablet or phone.
- Can I sell what I make from class? - Absolutely! However I do ask that you follow a few class policies. You can find them HERE. Please be sure and read before selling anything that you create from the Artsy Dori™ class. If you have any questions just ask.
- Can I share the content of the class? -I would love for you to share your wonderful projects on social media with the classroom unique hashtag and please be sure and tag @junqueart if you share. However, I respectfully ask that you do not share the content of the lessons. This includes videos, downloads, passwords, etc. If you have a friend that would like to take Artsy Dori™ they will need to purchase their own spot in the class. The more the merrier so please share the registration page with your friends.
- Can I receive a refund? - Refunds are not available once you receive access to the classroom. If you have any special concerns please email me so we can work something out.
- What skill level is this class? - This class is great for any level. I walk you through the process step by step. So even if you are a beginner in mixed media art and book making you will be fine!
If you already purchased Artsy Dori you can login HERE.
* (PLEASE NOTE: Artsy Dori is on a new class platform as of 10/15/2017. If you purchased this class before 10/15/17 you should have received an email with instructions on how to login to the new platform to access class.)
Still have questions? Please feel free to email me.